I had to write a separate post about Arcademic Skill Builders because I am just in awe of this FREE online tool. Currently I have a position in a school doing classroom reduction and intervention services in Math for 3rd and 4th graders. After asking my fellow teaching classmates about great internet tools for Math, I was turned on to Arcademic Skill Builders (ASB). Let me cut to the chase and tell you what is so great:
2) Lots of FUN games for 5th grade and younger
3) Teachers can sign up for a FREE account and load their students into their class.
4) Multiple classes? That's okay, you can break your students into groups.
5) You can assign certain games for your students to play.
6) Your students can play with each other on their own computer, or anonymously with other students who are online.
7) Your students can create private games where they play against the computer or only the people they give the password to.
8) Teachers can CREATE their own games.
9) ASSESSMENT: ASB comes with a reporting tool for teachers that will analyze what each individual student is doing. Response times, Highest Missed, Highest Hit, and Accuracy.
The assessment capabilities of this tool allow teachers to redirect their instruction to what individual students NEED the most. I am using this tool on what I call "fun Friday". All week we work hard and on Fridays the kids play games... I get to see how we are progressing and if that work is paying off. This tool is excellent for those teachers who are using standard based grading. (SBG) SBG is something I will post later about, but it is a movement in the way we are assessing and grading our students that is beneficial to students, teachers, parents, and administrators. More on that in a later post though.
I can't thank the great teachers enough who turned me onto this program, and of course the creators! Thanks for providing a GREAT tool for FREE!